If the anti-gambling pundits in Australia didn’t already have enough reason to distrust the gaming industry, Star Entertainment is giving them another. In addition to providing money-laundering assistance and falsifying official records, the casino operator has now admitted to more law-breaking shenanigans as part of its daily routines. In the latest blow to the Australian […]
The post Star Entertainment in New Scandal Over Casino Gaming Chips appeared first on Casino.org.
Flutter Entertainment (OTC: PDYPY) is based in Dublin and its stock trades in London, but analysts and professional investors believe the gaming company’s US exposure can support more upside in the shares. The bulk of the operator’s US footprint its attributable to its 95% stake in FanDuel. Boyd Gaming (NYSE: BYD) owns the other 5%. […]
The post Flutter Stock Could Be Fantastic Thanks to FanDuel appeared first on Casino.org.
A 34-year-old man was fatally shot on the Atlantic City boardwalk near Bally’s Casino on Saturday morning. A suspect was arrested. Jahlil Boston, 34, of Egg Harbor City, N.J., was charged with murder and several other weapons and drug counts, prosecutors said. The shooting took place at about 2 a.m. in the 1900 block of […]
The post Casino Crime Round Up: Man Murdered Near Bally’s Casino Atlantic City appeared first on Casino.org.
Glorea Dea, the first magician to perform on what would become the Las Vegas Strip, died on Saturday, March 18, at age 100. Idea — who had been in hospice care at a Las Vegas assisted-living facility — celebrated her centenarian birthday in August 2022. The milestone was celebrated at the Westgate Las Vegas, her […]
The post Gloria Dea, Las Vegas Strip’s 1st Magician, Dies at 100 appeared first on Casino.org.
Nearly half of the 1.7M fans who packed sporting and music events at Allegiant Stadium in 2022 were tourists, according to a new report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal. That is nearly double the number that was originally forecast. Stadium Authority chair Steve Hill — who also serves as president and CEO of the Las […]
The post Las Vegas’ Allegiant Stadium Nearly Doubled 2022 Tourism Forecast appeared first on Casino.org.
A British man who used laminated banknotes to defraud machines at betting shops has been sentenced to 16 months in prison. But a judge at Liverpool Crown Court said that Michael Shaw’s expressions of remorse in court were completely undermined by an arrogant expletive-laden rant on TikTok. Shaw, 38, and his brother, Paul Shaw, 39, […]
The post Betting Shop Fraudster Gets Stiffer Sentence After Bragging on TikTok appeared first on Casino.org.
Just go ahead and light your March Madness bracket on fire. That’s about all it’s good for now after Fairleigh Dickinson University on Friday became the second 16-seed ever to knock off a 1-seed in the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament. The Knights stunned Purdue 63-58 in a first round game in Columbus, Ohio. While FDU […]
The post Fairleigh Incredible: FDU Pulls Off Historic March Madness Upset of Purdue appeared first on Casino.org.
The Las Vegas Strip gets a brand new production show next week, when the Tony Award-winning “SIX the Musical” debuts at the Venetian in the midst of a dicey time for such projects. Created by Tony Award-winning Toby Marlow and its co-director, Lucy Moss, “SIX” is an empowering story set to song in which King […]
The post Broadway Hit “SIX” to Open at Venetian Las Vegas March 21 appeared first on Casino.org.
Congressional Gaming Caucus Chairs, US Reps. Dina Titus (D-Nevada) and Guy Reschenthaler (R-Pennsylvania), have reintroduced legislation that seeks to end the federal government’s excise tax levied on most legal sports bets. Sports betting is legal and operational in 33 states and DC. The American Gaming Association (AGA) estimates that a record 68 million US adults […]
The post Congressional Gaming Caucus Chairs Reintroduce Bill to Strike Federal Sports Betting Tax appeared first on Casino.org.
A man was injured after being stabbed twice during a Wednesday night fight in the parking garage at Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia. An unidentified suspect allegedly slashed the 34-year-old victim in the left forearm and thigh, according to Philadelphia TV station WTXF. He was rushed to Methodist Hospital for emergency treatment. The victim was […]
The post Casino Crime Round Up: Victim Hospitalized After Philadelphia Casino Stabbing appeared first on Casino.org.